A few short steps from the charming and historic main streets of Sherborne, The Eastbury in Dorset is a rather special boutique townhouse dog-friendly hotel that is just minutes away from the stunning Dorset countryside – ideal for relaxing walks with your furry friend.
Acquired by the de Savary family in 2018, beloved Chihuahua, Monty, has inspired many of The Eastbury’s Dog-Friendly offerings.
With spacious, contemporary rooms to enjoy you can sit back and relax sipping our complimentary sloe gin. At the start of your doggy staycation, your special four-legged friend can enjoy a complimentary welcome pack that includes a personal welcome letter addressed to them, a well deserved squeaky toy, and of course what any dog can’t resist, delicious treats!
The beautiful walled garden is an idyllic spot where you and your pooch can drink in the sunshine and rest your feet after a day of exploring the many local walks on your doorstep.
This hidden gem is also located just a few hundred yards away from one of our very own Orvis store in Sherborne.
What To Bring With You
The perfect doggy staycation is not complete without everything you need for traveling with your dog. Don’t forget these six essentials when you pack up your car before a fun day out or weekend jaunt, all available from www.orvis.co.uk or the nearby Orvis Sherborne.
- Orvis Dog Traveler’s Kit: Perfect for a day trip or weekend away, the nylon canvas dog food travel bag is lightweight and rugged. The Traveler’s Kit contains three smartly designed polypropylene-lined inner chambers: a large, airtight bag for storing dry food and two smaller vessels that serve as easy-clean up water and food bowls.
- Chuck it: The Chuck it dog ball launcher improves your accuracy and distance as you exercise your best pal with its favourite tennis ball. The hands-free pickup design lets you avoid touching a slobber-covered ball and the launcher comes with one ball.
- Siccarro Drying Coat: Whether drying off from a rainy day outside or just keeping cozy post-bath, this robe will have your dog dry quickly and without a mess. Absorbing 80-90% of moisture from your dog’s coat within 15 minutes, the robe prevents any ‘wet dog’ smell from setting in, keeping your home or car fresh.
- Poo Bags: Don’t forget poo bags! The Beco mint-scented bags stay fresh while cleaning up after your furry friend. The same extra-large and extra-strong degradable poop bags you know and love, now with a fresh mint scent to cover any odors.
- Portable water bowl: The No-Splash Water Bowl is designed for traveling with your dog. It keeps your car dry thanks to its smart design that sits level on your car seat and its high sides that minimize spills even when your car is in motion.
- Car seat protector with pockets for everything: The Orvis Car Door Protector fits easily over your vehicle’s door interior to protect from any scratches, whilst holding all the bits and pieces you need for a fun day out, conveniently.
This dog-friendly hotel features a dog-friendly restaurant as well! Finish your day in The Eastbury’s award-winning 2 AA Rosette Restaurant, Seasons. Gold winner of The Taste of the West Awards, there’s something for everyone even your furry friend who can enjoy a delicious dinner with chicken and rice.
Best of all, the hotel features a fully-equipped spa with a sauna, steam room, fitness suite, hot tub, and more. The spa also offers luxurious treatments, ranging from full-body massages to revitalising facials – the perfect way to complete your stay.